Do you charge parents to watch their children?
No, we do not charge parents to watch their children. We welcome all parents to our family friendly facility. If the parent decides to skate, admission and skate rental (if needed) will be charged. Skylite is an admission facility, an admission is charged to all children 2 or over, skating or not.
During special fundraiser events at Skylite, the host of these events may elect to charge admission for every guest.
If my friends are coming to skate, do I need to pay if I’m only going to hang out?
Skylite is an all-skate facility. This means that everyone entering (with the exception of parents watching their children) must pay the applicable admission fee and skate rental fee and skate during the session.
Do you offer group rates?
Yes! For Groups with 15-24 guests, you save $1 on admission. Groups of 25 or more save $2 on admission. To receive group rates, the group has to enter all at once and be paid for in one lump sum. We accept cash or credit cards for payment. NOTE: Group rates are not available on “Discount” sessions ($1 or $2 sessions).
What size skates do you rent?
From toddler’s size 7 to adult size 14.
Can I bring my own skates?
Yes. We allow all kinds of regular roller skates and inline skates. However, these will be checked upon admission to ensure that they will not affect the rink floor adversely.
Can I wear my Heelys?
No, sorry, Heelys do not have wheels in the front and back and are not intended for “roller skating.” Heeleys are not permitted. We have to protect the integrity of our floor for all skaters.
Do you have “SkateMates” at Skylite?
No, sorry, we do not have “Skate Mates” at Skylite.
Do you sell skates and equipment?
Yes! We have the latest skates, wheels, and accessories.
What happens during public skating sessions?
Most sessions are set up with a variety of special skates: All-Skate, Backwards, Reverse, Glow, Couples, etc. During family-oriented sessions, we will also offer games and prizes. Examples of these include the Dice game, Limbo, Dodgeball, etc.
If my child doesn’t skate well, can I walk on the floor to assist him/her?
During public skating sessions, we only allow guests with skates to enter the skating floor.
How old does your child have to be to skate?
There is no age limit, we have skates as small as toddler’s size 7.
What forms of payment do you accept?
Cash, Visa, Mastercard, and American Express are accepted.
Do you have an ATM?
No, sorry, we do not have an ATM.
Can I pay with a check?
No, sorry, we do not accept checks of any kind.
Do you sell food?
Yes! The Skylite Snack Shack sells Pizza, Nachos, French Fries, etc. We also offer Coca Cola products.
Can I bring my own food to Skylite?
No, sorry, we do not allow any outside food or drinks. The only exception is with a booked birthday party, you can bring in a birthday cake or cupcakes for that party. If you book a private party (renting the entire rink), you can bring in food.
Do you accommodate requests for songs?
Yes! Skylite’s DJ will make every effort to play your song request. Some songs cannot be played due to inappropriate content. Our DJ will be able to assist you with your selection if that is the case.
What kind of music does Skylite play?
We play all the current hits; however, all of our music is edited for appropriate content. We also will take requests.
Do you sell alcohol?
No, we do not sell alcohol. Also, we do not allow alcohol of any kind on Skylite premises; inside, outside, or in the parking lot.
Do you have a dress code?
Yes; appropriate attire is required at all times.
- No shirts with obscene gestures or obscene words.
- No midriffs, halters, or revealing clothing.
- Pant legs must not extend below the skate boot.
- Socks must be worn with rental skates. We sell socks if you need them.
- No loose objects, such as sunglasses, headgear, bandannas, cell phones, etc.
- Skylite management reserves the right to refuse admission to anyone not meeting the dress code.
What are your General Rules ?
- Roller skating is a strenuous and fast moving sport. By putting on skates and participating in this form of recreation, you are assuming the risk of an accident inherent in this and any similar sport. It is the nature of this recreation that people fall down or run into one another on occasion. Skylite is not responsible for any injuries which occur to our patrons while they are present in this facility. Skate at your own risk!
- No skates to be worn while entering and/or exiting the building.
- No carrying of others while on skates.
- No pushing, fast skating, playing tag, or suddenly stopping at any time on the skate floor, as these actions will jeopardize the safety of other skaters. Skaters should keep moving at all times on the skating floor.
- Skates intended for toe stops must have toe stops or plugs on before entering the rink. We seek to maintain the condition of our floor by preventing skating plates from digging into the floor. Rollerblades and outdoor wheels must be cleaned before entering the rink. Rollerblades must have all eight wheels. This helps to protect the plastic coating used on our wood floor.
- All refreshments (food and drink) must be consumed in the Skylite Snack Shack area.
- No in-and-out privileges in the rink. Once you enter, you cannot exit and re-enter the building.
- No gum is allowed at Skylite Skating Rink.
- No alcohol or illegal substances are allowed on the premises of Skylite Skating Rink at any time.
- No smoking, no vaping, and no tobacco products are allowed on the premises of Skylite Skating Rink at any time.
Why is gum not allowed at Skylite?
Gum creates a hazard on the skating floor to you and to other skaters. It is also difficult to remove gum from carpet and furniture. Thank you for helping us keep Skylite a safe, clean family facility.